Joining our talented development team, we’re looking for a passionate and dedicated Magento obsessed developer. This team is at the forefront of Net World Sports, constantly researching, testing and implementing innovative solutions to offer customers the very best online experience and drive our business forwards. It’s an exciting opportunity for the right person to come in and quickly become a key member of our rapidly growing business and experience real ownership from day one.
Your responsibilities as Magento Developer will include, but aren’t limited to:
You’ll be implementing a range of development projects and tasks, from module development to wide scale roll-outs. Working alongside the design team you’ll be bringing to life exciting features which will result in positive customer engagement.
With all your work, you’ll ensure thorough testing is carried out on all projects to guarantee effective functionality.
You’ll constantly strive to find ways to improve our global Magento websites, ensuring that customers receive the very best shopping experience. We’ve got a few Magento sites (18 in fact!), all on different versions of Magento, so your work will be varied as we look to make constant improvements, optimising the user journey each time.
What you'll need to show us
- 2+ years of experience in Magento Development.
- Good understanding of design patterns in Magento.
- Experience creating custom modules and extending core Magento modules.
- Ability to work as part of a team and work to deadlines.
- Comfortable using command line.
- Ability to produce clean and well documented code.
- Experience using debugging tools with Magento.
- Good understanding of version control (git).
- Use of composer.
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience in Magento 2, or dependency injection.
- Unit testing.
- Experience using varnish with Magento.
- Knowledge of task runners grunt/gulp.
- Performance optimization.
- Migration from Magento 1 - 2.
- Experience with Microsoft NAV and Dynamics365.
Must be eligible to work in the UK.