We're looking for a bike obsessed Junior Product Development Executive to join our product team! We need you to be highly organised and a confident communicator able to deal with various departments across the business. You will be key to launching our new bike range and will be involved in every aspect of building the bike range. Working with suppliers, deciding on specs and styles as well as getting involved in the logistics and final delivery of the range.
You need to be able to tell your mech hanger from your bottom bracket. Your Shimano from your Sharm and your Deore from your Di2. You’ll need to be as happy in a peloton as you are in a spreadsheet and equally keen to get your hands dirty putting the new products through their paces.
- Researching and Developing product ranges. Looking at price points and specifications.
- Communicating with suppliers.
- Looking at sales data and trends, monitoring stock.
- Ensuring that stock orders are received in a timely manner for both UK and overseas suppliers, chasing updates when necessary.
- Processing purchases orders on our internal system and ensuring all products are set up correctly to ensure smooth processing through the business.
- Ensuring that databases are consistently kept up to date.
- Updating existing Excel reports and generating new reports as and when required.
- Occasionally processing Trademarks, chasing progress updates and making amendments where required.
- Preparing training material for company-wide training using information provided by the team.
- Completing ad-hoc duties to support the Products team as they arise.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SHOW US:
- A passion for all things two wheeled and a keen interest in Cycling.
- Ideally a years' experience in a similar role or industry.
- You’ll be a confident person who enjoys a challenge and has a hands-on approach.
- You’ll have the ability to use your own initiative whilst working well both individually and within a team.
- A strong attention to detail with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate proactiveness with a keen desire to learn.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- An awareness of the impact of own area on sales, profits, and costs.
- Ideally, you'll have experience with MS Excel, and confident with Vlookups/pivot tables etc.
What's in it for you:
- To develop a product range that you have a passion for!
- Training and progression opportunities.
- Flexible working.
- Additional leave with length of service.
- An extra day for your birthday!
- Performance bonuses.
- Summer and Christmas parties.
- Social and charity events throughout the year.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Discounted sports equipment.
- To be a part of a fast-growing, family business.
- Huge new office/warehouse coming 2022.
- The opportunity to grow your own team.