We are seeking a dynamic and highly organised Procurement Executive to join our busy Products team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for assisting with the day to day smooth running of the department and will carry out a range of tasks, in which no two days will be the same.
You’ll be a confident communicator, able to deal with various departments across the business and will work closely with both the Products team and senior management to ensure sufficient stock levels are held at all times. You’ll be key in supporting the delivery of both new and existing products whilst carrying out important administration duties within the department.
- Work closely with product team to forecast trends, plan product ranges, manage stock levels and monitor performance.
- Set prices to maximise profits and manage the performance of ranges, planning promotions and markdowns as necessary.
- Liaise with suppliers and manage the distribution of stock, by negotiating cost prices, ordering stock, agreeing timescales and delivery dates, and completing any necessary paperwork.
- Identify production and supply difficulties and deal with any problems or delays as they arise
- Manage weekly stock intake, monitoring stock levels by restocking products to maximise sell-through.
- SKU creation and management.
- Control stock levels in warehouse based on forecasts for the season.
- Assist in range building and product selection to increase customer awareness and interest.
- Source suppliers for the appropriate items and work closely with the product team to purchase items in good time for delivery during peak popularity periods.
- Testing product samples and providing comprehensive feedback suppliers, to ensure we have the best product possible.
- Monitor slow sellers and take action to reduce prices or set promotions as necessary
- Monitor out of stock items and keep to a minimum.
- Liaising with customer services on restocking dates and availability, aiding with customer queries where necessary.
- Preparing training material for company-wide training using information provided by the team.
- Completing ad-hoc duties to support the Products team as they arise.
- Processing Purchase Orders on Microsoft NAV.
- Carrying out the running of requisition worksheets, supplier data analysis and the processing of UK/overseas stock orders to continuously monitor stock levels.
- Ensuring that databases are consistently kept up to date.
- Updating existing Excel reports and generating new reports as and when required.
- Occasionally processing Trademarks, chasing progress updates and making amendments where required.
What you’ll need to show us:
- Ideally a years' experience in a similar role.
- You’ll be highly organised with the ability to work to strict deadlines, effectively managing your own workload.
- You’ll be a confident person who enjoys a challenge and has a hands-on approach.
- You’ll have the ability to use your own initiative whilst working well both individually and within a team.
- A keen interest in sports.
- Experience of working with Microsoft NAV is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.